It’s the end of the year and everybody starts talking about New Year’s resolutions and the goals they’re planning to achieve in 2018. But first, I believe we all have to take the time to reflect, because reflecting is a key part of growth. By being self-aware and reflective you are more capable to navigate your life allowing you to choose the actions, people, carriers and environment that leave you feeling fulfilled and aligned with your true purpose. Let’s take a look back to see how far we’ve come and what we’ve learned along the way. I’ve put together 9 (my favorite number) questions that will help you with your self-reflection. I encourage you to join me and complete this short exercise with me. You can find my answers in today’s Instagram post.
- What were my best accomplishments this year? (name at least 3 things you have achieved and you are proud of)
- How did those accomplishments make me feel?
- What were my biggest challenges or difficulties I faced this year? How did I overcome them? What have I learned from them?
- How have I changed as a person this year? Where can I see progress in my self-development?
- What have I done differently this year?
- What am I truly grateful for this year?
- How much fun have I had this year? Do I feel fulfilled?
- Who has impacted my life this year? Who has helped me or been influential?
- Is everything I have done in alignment with my true purpose?
I didn’t include questions about our failures, mistakes and weaknesses. I believe if you’ve come up to this point, where you answered the above questions (at least in your mind), you are not wandering through the dark and you are able to give yourself a flashlight to acknowledge those things as well. I’m sure that all the bad decisions and mistakes we made are the part of our journey because from there the experience comes. The only thing you have to do is always to do your best! Make 2018 YOUR year!
With Love, Marketa.